15 September, 2010

Edith & Muriel

I have been been delving extensively into my files in order to relocate pictures of Edith today. On the plus side, it affords me the opportunity to organize and clean up my documents! Following is a photo of Edith and Charles G. Dawes, who was Vice-President of the United States from 1925-1929 and U. S. Ambassador to Great Britain from 1929-1931. They are standing (Edith to his right) in an unidentified room in Chicago, Illinois, 1921.


Even more exciting for me this morning was finding this photo of Muriel taken in 1922:


Her father Harold is pictured behind her, and the man to her right is unidentified (although I would assume he is a detective). Muriel is a challenge when it comes to photographs; although she could not completely keep herself out of the press, she did an extraordinary job when it came to not being photographed.

No comments: