10 October, 2010

Aerial Maps

I have always loved maps. When I was a child, for some reason we had boxes and boxes of the National Geographic from the 1950's & 60's that had all of their maps with them. I would spend hours with them spread out, pouring over them and comparing.

Tonight I was inspired by my friend Catherine, with whom I was comparing an old address with Bing and Google screen-shots online via Facebook. We were using the shots to determine the address of a vintage photo I had sent to her earlier.

In a previous post I wrote about HistoricAerials.com, and so after tonight's adventure with Catherine I headed over and typed in that all too familiar address: 595 Circle Lane, Lake Forest, IL. Below are the screen shots that all too vividly show the demise and inevitable change to Villa Turicum.

1939


1946


1961


1988


Today

No comments: